Severe Weather Advisory:
Tropical Strom Henri
Expected To Make Landfall As Category 1 Hurricane
August 20, 2021
As you may be aware, Tropical Storm Henri is currently forcasted by the National Weather Service to intensify and possibly make landfall as a category 1 hurricane this Sunday/Monday in Sothern New England. There is still a lot of uncertainty as to the exact path that Henri will take, but what is fairly certain is that our local area will feel the effects of Henri in the form of heavy winds and sustained rains. As of now, these weather conditions are predicted to arrive Sunday and/or Monday. Because of this uncertainty, and in an effort to ensure we have taken every necessary precaution, we are asking residents to please pay close attention to local weather & news reports and take the below measures to prepare your own home.
- ALL furniture, plants, decorations, grills etc. must be removed from your balcony, deck, patio and/or yard and secured. CLOSE AND LOCK ALL WINDOWS. Extreme winds can enter windows that are left opened, or blow windows open if unlocked, which can cause severe damage to your home. You will be responsible for any damages caused by unsecured items.
- POWER OUTAGES: If power is lost please do not call the emergency maintenance line as we have no control over the power company and we need to keep this line open for matters that we can assist with. In the event of a power outage, you can be assured that it will be reported to the power company promptly by our team.
- Maintenance will be available for emergency calls as weather and safety allow. We hope that that all residents, friends, their families and our employees remain safe.
- Stay away from fallen trees and power lines.
- It is recommended that each household should maintain an emergency supply kit that could assist in the event of a disaster. The kit should have enough supplies to last 3-7 days. Important items to maintain in this kit are, but are not limited to, the following: water, non-perishable food items, non-electric can opener, special food for infants and elderly, first aid kit, prescription medications, plastic utensils, battery operated NOAA weather radio with extra batteries, blankets and pillows, clothing, toiletries, flashlights with extra batteries, keys, pet care items, whistle, garbage bags, important family documents, activities to keep you occupied and a fire extinguisher. Please note that candles should NOT be burned in the event of a power outage as they pose a very real and serious fire hazard.
As Henri continues its track up the East Coast please stay tuned to your local weather reports and adhere to any warnings or advisories that are issued. We will continue to send updates and notices as needed via email and text. If you have not done so already, we strongly urge you to opt into our new community text messaging alerts as it is the fastest way to receive these updates, and may be the only way to do so, in the event of a power outage. You can do this by "requesting a text" via the chat bot located in the lower right hand corner of the website. Please feel free to contact the leasing center with any questions or concerns.
The Tower Hill Landings Team